Frisco Independent School District ISD – Exemplary rating & Frisco TX Homes and Real Estate
Published July 29th 2011 4:13 pm
Frisco Independent School District (FISD) is an exemplary school district. What does that mean, really?
The Texas Education Agency TEA uses an accountability ratings system to rate public schools and school districts. The highest rating is Exemplary, then Recognized, Academically Acceptable and Academically Unacceptable. The schools must open for at least 2 years before it is rated. Otherwise, Not Rated rating will be used.
In order to receive an Exemplary rating, a school or school district must meet all FOUR of the criteria below:
- TAKS Test – At least 90% of all students must pass the Texas Assessment of Knowledge & Skills test in all categories: Reading, Writing, Social studies, Mathematics and Science.
- SDAA II Test – At least 90% of all students must pass the State-Developed Alternative Assessment II test where the TAKS test is not an acceptable measurement.
- Completion rate – At least 95% of all student must complete or continue their education 4 years after entering high school (applied to high schools only).
- Dropout Rate – No more than 0.% of all students dropped out of school.
For a school district such as Frisco ISD to receive an EXEMPLARY status, it must not have any individual school with Academically Unacceptable rating.
In 2010, 37 schools are rated EXEMPLARY and 5 are RECOGNIZED.
Frisco has 28 elementary schools, 9 middle schools, 5 high schools and 1 special programs center. Over 37,000 students attend Frisco ISD in 2010 with a 10% growth.
School begins on August 22nd 2011 through June 1st 2012 for Frisco ISD.
How Frisco ISD compared to the surrounding school districts?
Click on the links to see the individual TEA report cards. Information is accurate as of November 2010.
Frisco ISD (EXEMPLARY rating school district)
– Frisco H S (Exemplary)
– Centennial H S (Exemplary)
– Wakeland H S (Exemplary)
– Liberty H S (Exemplary)
– Heritage H S (Recognized)
Plano ISD (Academically RECOGNIZED rating school district)
– Plano Senior (Recognized)
– Plano East (Recognized)
– Plano West (Recognized)
McKinney ISD (Academically RECOGNIZED rating school district)
– McKinney H S (Recognized)
– McKinney North H S (Recognized)
– Serenity High (Acceptable)
– McKinney Boyd (Recognized)
Allen ISD (EXEMPLARY rating school district)
– Allen H S (Exemplary)
Lewisville ISD (Academically RECOGNIZED rating school district)
– Lewisville H S (Acceptable)
– Marcus H S (Exemplary)
– The Colony H S (Recognized)
– Hebron H S (Exemplary)
– Flower Mound H S (Exemplary)
Little Elm ISD (Academically RECOGNIZED rating school district)
– Little Elm H S (Recognized)
Prosper ISD (Academically RECOGNIZED rating school district) – Prosper H S (Recognized)
So what does this mean for Frisco TX homes & Real Estate?
People buy houses for the quality of its school district education. People flock to come to Frisco TX because of this reason. The Frisco TX homes are typically new ie. many floorplans are up to par with today’s home buyers standards and expectations. On top of that, Frisco TX became the first green city in the US that mandates the “Energy Star” rating standings for new home construction since May 2001.
The icing on the cake is the QUALITY of its Frisco ISD. It is superior to many school districts nearby. Several relocation clients feel that the quality of Frisco TX’s public school system is equivalent to many private school education in California. This statement remains subjective and depending on where these Californian – turned Frisco-ians come from.
If you want to find a home with a Frisco ISD zoned neighborhood, do call Loreena Yeo (214) 783-2210 who constantly does extensive research in the quality for Frisco TX living.
This information is provided to you by 3:16 team REALTY with a commitment to support the Frisco TX community.
3:16 team REALTY is a locally-owned Frisco TX real estate brokerage that serves buyers and sellers in and around the Frisco TX areas.
|3:16 team REALTY – Loreena Yeo, Realtor® in Frisco TX
Pick up your phone & call today.
Content & Photography Copyright © 2011 by Loreena Yeo (3:16 team REALTY)
This is the Original Source Frisco ISD Exemplary Rating, Frisco TX homes & real estate