Energy Saving Tips for Your FRISCO TX Home
Owning home is an exciting thing. Maintaining the home comes as a responsibility of your home as well.
How to conserve energy and make your wallet happy? Here are some tips for you as a homeowner.Help the environment and help your wallet.
Energy Saving Tips for your Frisco TX Home
- Use ceiling fans. They are low cost and can help to circulate the air in the house. This can help to circulate the cool air in the summer and circulate the heat in the winter.
- Clean and replace your filter regularly. Look at the label of the filter to see when you should change them. This also could depend on your usage pattern. The label might says it last 3 months but you might want to check to make sure 3 months is realistic. New filter will help your furnace run more efficient.
- Set your thermostat at 78 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter.
- Use energy saving light bulbs. These day, you can find energy efficient light bulbs at your local hardware store that use less Watts. You might think the saving is small but overtime you will notice it.
- Check around your door and windows to make sure the seal are still good. The seal around the door or windows will help to prevent loss of air either in the winter or summer. Caulk or replace weather strip if need to.
- Set your water heater temperature to 115 degrees Fahrenheit. If you don’t have that option, look at the what option you have. Depending on the consumption of your household, you might not need to set it to the max.
- Plan trees, that shed the leaves annually, on the south and west side of your home. This will help to cool your home during the summer months and allow sunshine into the house during the winter months.