Keep a Handy List of Vendors for Your Frisco TX Home
With owning a home or living in a house, you are bound to run into having to fix things around the house. Maintenance are expected but emergencies are not. Most of us who live in Frisco TX may not even think about any emergencies that we need to be prepared for. We constantly hear about needing to create an plan in case of emergencies.
Recently, I ran across an investigative report by our local news network CBS 11. The investigative report got me thinking that we do need to be prepare for any kind of emergencies big or small. The report by CBS 11 was about lock smith. That is the least of my concern as far as being in my emergency category.
What do you do when you lock yourself out of your house? Who do you call? What do you tell them or ask? Beware of shady businesses that claim to be a lock smith. There are great company out there who are legit and bonded with insurance that can help you.
The investigative report revealed some great tips.
- Keep a list of vendor handy in advanced. Ask your friends, family, neighbor for a plumber, electrician, lock smith, appliance repair, handy man, tow truck company, and any other service that you can think of. Make sure to check them out.
- If you are calling in for a service, make sure you ask them over the phone how much do they charge for house call and what is included in the charge. Some may charge extra depending on what time or day of the week or what is needed to be done.
- Ask them if they are insured. You want to make sure that they are insured in case something happens and things needed to be sorted out.
- Ask them for their license number. Some service industry required licenses such as electrician and plumber just to name a few. They need to be register with the state. You can verify plumber license number at Texas State Board of Plumber Examiners. For electrician, you can look up their license at Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- When the service repairman come out to the house, check to make sure they are who they are. Usually, they will drive a vehicle that has their company name and logo. They may be wearing a badge or uniform with company logo.
Beware of scammer. If you call for a service and the person on the line does not sound right or can’t answer your question, you might want to hang up and call someone else.